“Difficult experiences can be a source of knowledge, inspiration, and even career choice—not just suffering.”
Miss Kendra Programs are tailored to the specific needs of each school and can be modified through ongoing feedback from administration and staff. The Miss Kendra team works in parallel with faculty rather than expecting teachers to deliver the program.
Miss Kendra Specialist-Based Program
The Miss Kendra Specialist-Based program works to transform the entire school culture and create a highly effective learning environment by actively identifying stressed youth before they develop disciplinary or symptomatic problems. Across many schools, our programs have shown:
• Greatly reduced office referrals, suspensions, physical fights, and expulsions.
• Improved academic achievement as measured by grades in the classroom and on standardized tests.
• Increased job satisfaction, creativity, and investment in students for teachers and administrators.
Our team contracts with you to provide initial and ongoing training, specialized staff for the stress reduction program, and ongoing collaboration and supervision.
Schools agree to implement the program in at least 50 percent of the school’s classrooms and collaborate with our staff throughout each school day to deliver the program.
• Trainer Site Visits (3 times in first year, 2 times in second year, one time per year afterward).
• Our specialized staff working in the school (1 hour per week for every 10 students)
• Monitoring of program effectiveness and integrity.
• Official Miss Kendra materials and program elements tailored by grade (The Legend of Miss Kendra, Miss Kendra’s List, Miss Kendra’s letters and Red Bead Clubs).
• Fee: $350 per student per year (1st year) [e.g., yearly cost for a school of 200: $70,000 (1st yr), $65,000 (2nd yr), and $60,000 (3rd yr and beyond)].
Miss Kendra Teacher-Based Program
The core aim of the Miss Kendra Teacher- Based Program is to develop a whole-school environment that welcomes open conversation about the students’ stressful experiences, conducted by the teachers and support staff in your school.
This program implements Miss Kendra’s Legend, Miss Kendra’s List, Letters to Miss Kendra, and Red Bead Clubs activities in the classrooms, all conducted by your trained school personnel (teachers, social support staff). The program includes:
• Initial two-day training session for teachers, social support staff and administrative staff conducted on-site by the Miss Kendra Program team.
• Ongoing phone coaching/supervision of your school personnel by experienced Miss Kendra trainers throughout the year, plus at least one follow-up visit by Miss Kendra faculty.
• Official Miss Kendra Materials: Worry boards, mailboxes, stationery, red beads, training manuals, posters, stamps.
• Designation as a Miss Kendra Approved Program.
The Miss Kendra Program staff will work with school administrators to monitor the success of the program over the course of the school year to ensure program integrity.
First Year Estimated Costs:
[Up to 12 classrooms] $17,500
[Up to 18 classrooms] $22,500
[Up to 24 classrooms] $27,500
Second Year and Beyond: An annual licensing fee of only $2,500 allows for the continued use of materials and includes one visit by Miss Kendra Program staff, plus ongoing phone support for teachers and administrators. Additional training for new staff and replacement supplies will be separately priced.